Join our team
to improve lives
Since 1984, we have grown from the little cheese plant in Hilmar to a global leader with facilities in California, Texas and Kansas (coming soon) producing cheese and ingredients to improve lives around the world. We invest in talent and technologies that allow us to collaborate and innovate with our customers. Our dedicated team excels at accomplishing challenges together. We pride ourselves on employees who feel valued, respected and who are appreciated. Come grow with us!
It isn’t just about work, it is about building relationships and enjoying what you do. Team-building activities, family events and employee appreciation meals are part of the fun. Our foundation is our values of Relationship, Integrity, Improvement, Teamwork and Excellence.
Headquarters & Innovation Center, Hilmar Manufacturing Site, Visitor Center
Conveniently located in the Central Valley just 2 hours to Yosemite and 2 hours to San Francisco. A smaller community with 4 colleges within 30 minutes: California State University, Stanislaus; University of California, Merced; Merced College and Modesto Junior College. Learn more about Hilmar, Merced and Modesto.
The health and well-being of you and your family are important to us. We offer a competitive wage and benefit-rich programs.
- A comprehensive health plan with medical, dental, vision, prescription, and hospitalization coverage with access to medical centers of excellence and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- A 401(k) retirement savings program with financial advisory services
- Telephonic medical consultations
- Nutrition and weight management counseling, including WW®
- Reduced membership fees at local gyms
- Annual seasonal flu shot clinics
- Employee assistance program
- Chaplaincy support and professional coaching
- Life and disability benefits
- Supplemental life insurance offerings
- Flexible Spending Account programs
- Health Savings Account opportunities
- Educational assistance benefits
- Paid time off, including vacation and floating holidays
- Instructor-led and web-based leadership development training
Most of these programs are available to benefit-eligible employees only. However, some are available to all employees, regardless of full-time status. Hilmar Cheese Company employees also enjoy:
- Discounts on cheese and items sold in our Visitor Center
- Family activities and events
INTERNSHIPS & COLLEGE GRADS
Each summer we welcome college students for paid, project-based internships. Interns meet regularly for fun activities and to learn about all areas of the company. Internships are usually offered in operations, finance, quality and research & development.
HILMAR IS AN
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. We participate in E-Verify.
If you have a disability and wish to seek a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please call our recruiting department at (209) 667-6076.